- 1 large head iceberg or butter lettuce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil/coconut oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger (you’ll need a thick 2-inch piece)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 900g ground chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari (gluten free soya sauce)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, from 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
In a wok add the olive oil, red onion, ginger and garlic, cook until soft.
Add the ground chicken and keep stirring until the chicken is tender and the mince is broken down.
Add the tamari, fish sauce, lime juice and zest. Keep stirring and add chilli flakes.
Let it simmer for 15-20 mins and adjust the seasoning, add good mineral salt and pepper if needed.
Arrange the lettuce cups on a plate and spoon the mixture into the lettuce.
Sprinkle over the spring onions, chopped herbs and cashews.