Time to go green!
Benefit: the power of greens increases your alkalinity, your B vitamin status, parsley is a wonderful source of Calcium and coriander aids detoxification. Raw nuts boost essential fats so great for mood and weight management.
- 2 cups freshly washed basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup almonds soaked for 4-6 hrs in water (may use cashews/pine nuts)
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- mineral salt to taste
- ¼ – ½ cup cold pressed olive oil, option to use hemp/flax seed oil
- 2 tsps of greens powder (I like quantum/health force nutritionals)
Combine the basil, almonds and garlic and salt into a food processor until the mixture becomes a course meal.
Slowly add in the olive oil in a steady drizzle, pulsing the food processor on and off. Add enough oil so that the mixture is moist.
Stir through the super greens powder, may add more or add spirulina/blue green algae.
Transfer to a glass bowl and pour a thin layer of olive oil over the top to keep the green colour.
Leave to chill for 1 hour.
Serve as a snack with crudités, over fish or chicken or stir through courgette noodles!