Benefits: coconut is rich in caprylic acid – anti fungal, the oil increases fat burning in the body, stimulates immune system and metabolism.
- 2 young coconuts to use: remove the water and then scrape out the flesh
- 2 cups coconut meat
- 2 cups coconut water, reserve extra water to thin soup or to drink!
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red chili pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 10 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed coconut butter
- mineral salt to taste
Blend coconut meat and water with garlic, ginger and hot pepper until very smooth. Add more coconut water as necessary if a thinner consistency is desired. Add chopped herbs, coconut butter, and kaffir lime leaves and blend again until you have a smooth (green) soup!
Next finely chop your favourite raw vegetables, cucumber, celery, red pepper, radish, carrot as desired. Place in a bowl and then pour over the coconut soup, to fill the bowl. Stir and enjoy!
Keep the soup base in the fridge for up to 3 days.