- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded
- large handful of alfalfa
- 60g / 2oz raw walnut pieces
- 2 celery sticks finely chopped
- 6 – 8 cos lettuce leaves or iceberg lettuce to serve
- use coriander and basil leaves for extra flavour
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (if removing yeast use lemon juice not fermented vinegar)
- 3 tbsp walnut oil
/ if don’t have use olive oil
- 1 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
( avoid if following yeast free regime)
Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the shredded chicken and cook until golden.
Place in a bowl with the alfalfa, chicken, walnuts, celery and toss in a little of the dressing.
Spoon the chicken mixture into the lettuce leaves to serve.