With beans it is always best to buy dry, organic beans. Then soak overnight, rinse and cook until tender. For speed you can always use organic canned beans but ensure only in water.
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine/ apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- good mineral or sea salt to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine beans, bell peppers, and red onion.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, lemon juice, salt, garlic, coriander, cumin, and black pepper. Season to taste with chilli powder.
3. Pour olive oil dressing over vegetables; mix well. Chill thoroughly, and serve cold.