The beauty of kelp noodles is they are mineral rich, gluten free and quick and easy to use!
For the dressing:
- rind of 1 orange
- 1/2 – 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, depends if you like the dressing thicker
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- good sea salt and pepper to taste
Whisk all the ingredients together and check seasoning.
For the salad:
- 8 oz (1/2 package) kelp noodles, rinsed in warm water to separate the noodles and until soft, drain well
- 2 cups tightly packed, shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups tightly packed, grated carrot
- 1 cup tightly packed, curly kale, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp hemp or sesame seeds
Option to use spiraliser for the carrot and add in zucchini noodles too. Use lots of fresh herbs, add in mint and parsley too if you wish.
For the tempeh:
May use chicken breast to replace the tempeh or sprouted tofu.
- 8 oz. tempeh
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Cut the tempeh into slices and then lightly fry in the coconut oil. Put to one side.
Mix all the ingredients of the salad together in a bowl then pour over the dressing.
Place on a serving plate and arrange the tempeh slices.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!