Benefits: a great after school treat for kiddies with essential fats, immune boosting with iron from apricots and gluten free so no phytates to bind to vital minerals.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup manuka honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 3/4 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped or can blend until smooth to hide, or use ground seed mix
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots – un-sulphured, soak in hot water until soft remove excess water and blend until smooth
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or butter the muffin tin thoroughly.
Mix butter, honey, eggs and bananas together in a large bowl.
Stir in baking soda and salt.
Stir in almond flour, walnuts and apricots until just combined.
Spoon batter into the muffin cups.
Bake 25 to 35 minutes, until the muffins are firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.