The best way to cook tuna is to flash grill on a pre heated ridged grill. Use salmon for children to avoid risk of toxic metals due to mercury content of tuna.
- 300g fresh tuna (or salmon)
- cooked quinoa (to cook add twice amount of water and boil for 15 mins)
- extra virgin olive oil
- juice and grated rind of 1 large lemon (or 1 1/2 small lemons)
- 50ml dry white wine
- 2 tbs soya sauce (tamari)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- pinch of saffron
- 6 sping onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs grated ginger
Red Pepper Salsa
- 1 red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- ½ small red chilli peeper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small cucmber finely diced
- 2 tbs freshly chopped celery or fennel
- 3 tbs freshly chopped coriander
- juice ½ lemon
- drizzle olive oil
Place the tuna slices (salmon) in a non-metallic dish.
Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over the fish leave to marinade for at least an hour.
Cook the quinoa and make the salsa simply by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl.
Remove the fish from the marinade and pour the marinade into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and leave to simmer while you cook the fish.
Grill the fish on either side for about 2 minutes, more if you don’t like it rare.
Serve on a bed of quinoa and salsa on top.