Restorative and protective. Protein and phytoestrogens from the beans rebuild tissues and balance hormones.
- 1 litre home made Chicken Stock (use healing mineral broth for vegetarian/vegan)
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 green pepper
- 6 sweet green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped.
- 1 tsp chilli powder (optional for children)
- 1 courgette
- 2 handfuls of Kale chopped
- 225g tomatoes finely chopped or use can for ease
- 1 can or 225g Kidney beans, pre soaked, cook until tender (use white navy beans for children)
- 225g Sweetcorn (Frozen)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 3 heaped tbs fresh coriander, finely chopped.
1. Heat 1 tbs spoon of stock in a large saucepan.
2. Add the onion, garlic, green pepper and green chillies and simmer stirring constantly for 5 mins.
3. Add the chilli powder and continue cooking, stirring constantly.
4. Pour in rest of the stock and add the courgettes, kale, beans, sweetocorn, oregano and cumin.
5. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins.
6. Add the sesame seeds and fresh coriander just before serving.