Fibre is key to our gut health and so often we fail to get sufficient fibre in a day. Chia seeds are a great source of fibre and omega 3, and due to their gelatinous texture when soaked they make a super fast and delicious fibre rich porridge!
This is so easy to pre mix that I often use for when I’m travelling as water will suffice to mix, if no nut milk is available. It’s a quick way to get your super foods in, and requires no blender! Enjoy!
- 100 g (¾ cup) black or white chia seeds
- 500 ml (2 cups) coconut milk or almond milk, plus extra to serve
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped/vanilla powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Super food bonus:
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- add 1 tsp vital mineral green powder
- 1 tsp maca for adrenals
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- 1 tsp baobab powder
Whisk the seeds and nut milk together and add the spices.
Let the chia seeds soak for 10 minutes until it becomes thickened.
May choose to sprinkle raw nuts on top, berries if not avoiding fructose.
Top with coconut milk or homemade kefir.
Option to warm the milk too and stir in the chia seeds if prefer warm.