This cake has the added bonus of essential fatty acids, minerals and beta carotene for healthy eyes and immunity. Cinnamon to help balance blood sugar.
A perfect way to get these extra nutrients into your children.
For the cake:
- 175g Pamela’s gluten free flour
- 125g coconut sugar/xylitol/dark brown sugar
- 4 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbs of ground mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin sesame, flaxseed)
- 100g walnuts/pecans
- 3 eggs
- 150ml coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g peeled and grated organic carrots
For the optional icing:
- 75g of soft cream cheese (preferably organic)
- 2 tsp lime juice and grated rind
- 35g of xylitol/raw sugar or icing sugar
Blend well together.
Pre heat oven 350F
Line a tea loaf baking tin.
Place your seeds into a coffee grinder and blend until fine.
Then place all the ingredients into a magimix/food processor.
Blend until smooth. Pour into lined tin.
Bake until golden, and well risen. When cool cover with the icing.