Susie has a BA Hons in Paediatric nursing and Diplomas in Kinesiology and Nutritional Therapy, mBANT, CNHC which provides her with a unique perspective on the importance of health and nutrition in everyday life.
Susie worked in London at the Chelsea and Westminster High Dependency Unit and Paediatric Accident and Emergency Unit for many years, as well as undertaking overseas nursing work with NGOs in Africa and with Médecins Sans Frontières in Sri Lanka. Moving to Hong Kong, where there was a high incidence of respiratory infections, Susie worked in a clinic where the doctor put nutrition first, boosting the immune system with supplements, rather than resorting to antibiotics. This inspired Susie to learn more about the power of nutrition and led to three years of training in nutritional therapy at Patrick Holford’s Institute of Optimum Nutrition in London.
On finishing her training Susie set up a successful practice in Singapore. In April 2008 she moved to Tokyo where she established her own Nutritional Therapy practice in which she is still involved. Susie moved back to Singapore in 2011 and worked at Body With Soul a multi disciplinary clinic for 5 years. Susie worked closely with the Doctors at CHI and the collaborative work enabled clients to be supported with both functional medicine and traditional medicine combined.
Susie lectured for the clinic, internationals companies and local schools. Supporting local groups such as Autism Bridge Strategy. Due to her passion for Raw Food Susie hosted Raw Food nights to expand awareness and inspire change. Susie was interviewed by Channel News Asia on three separate morning programmes diving into her expertise on children’s healthy eating, supplementation versus food and prevention and natural treatment for urinary tract infections.
Susie left Body with Soul in July 2016 to return to the UK. The Ruckers now reside in Ashmore, Dorset. Susie maintains a busy international practice by virtual consultations and is able to continue to support her clients as if she was still on the ground. Susie began working as a practitioner for NatureDoc in September 2016 offering virtual appointments only.
Susie also provides a unique clinic space at home in Ashmore, near Shaftesbury. Consultations for families, children and one to one are all welcome in a relaxed environment.
Susie continues to support Singapore clients both on the ground working from Balanced Living Asia and through virtual means. Susie visits Singapore 3-4 times a year, for her upcoming visit please email Prema at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why would you come to see Susie?
Susie has great experience in specialised diets from FODMAPS/Phenol, Salicylate free/SCD. Working with picky eaters to move forward and create change. Susie is intent on getting the gut right, and uses personalised gut clearing protocols for yeast, dysbiosis, parasites and SIBO. Susie addresses the Biofilm, systemic inflammation, methylation and detoxification pathways. Epigenetics play a role and the environment we live in today sadly poses an increased threat of auto immune disease.
- Digestive problems: indigestion, bloating, constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Coeliac disease, gluten intolerance, persistent undiagnosed bowel symptoms
- Chronic fatigue: low energy, low mood
- Female hormone imbalance: PMS, Menopause, Fat Around The Middle, Osteoporosis, infertility, Hashimoto’s undiagnosed hormone imbalance
- Skin complaints: Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea, Acne
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Migraines and headaches
- Stress related problems: insomnia, high blood pressure, high caffeine/alcohol intake, lack of concentration, addiction, depression, anxiety
- Diabetes Type 2, Cancer, post chemo/radiation therapy
- Your immune system is in need of a boost, falling sick all the time mycoplasma/dengue/chikungunya fever
Seeking new recipes for a healthier life: some specialities include wheat free, sugar free, gluten free, healthy treats and lunch boxes for children, paleo, FODMAPS, GAPS, Feingold approach
Following Susie’s paediatric nursing career, she loves working with children in areas that include: childhood eczema, hyperactivity, poor concentration, food intolerances, bed-wetting, optimal nutrition for growth and development, ADHD, autism, SPD, behavioural spectrum.
Susie feels that it is essential to find the root cause of your problems through thorough questioning and analysis because only then can she propose and implement change.
For example if you have a headache, is it simply because you are dehydrated or is it stress related or perhaps you have a food intolerance or magnesium deficiency?
It is the scientific reason behind your health problems, as well as unravelling the interplay between your lifestyle and what you eat, that are key to improving your health.
- I arrived in Tokyo on August 1 , 2010 directly from Singapore to take up my second assignment here in Japan. Unfortunately, whilst I was full of energy and enthusiasm for my new responsibility, my body was positively in a state of much disrepair.Joe VeneticoMarch 1, 2011
- I booked in to see Susie on recommendation from a friend. I had been sick with mycoplasma on and off again for months. I knew it had done my stomach and body no favours but was really at a loss of how to fix it the issues post so many rounds of antibiotics.Pauline Loftus-HillsMarch 5, 2013
- I first approached Susie after I was diagnosed with my third autoimmune disorder (Hashimoto’s Disease) in September 2011. She listened carefully and thoughtfully to the description of my health concerns. Her knowledge of nutrition and it’s impact on human health is deep and authentic.Meagan DouglasMay 5, 2013