Mediterranean Quinoa Salad GF
For vegetarian option omit the chicken and use chickpeas instead.
- 2 cups water
- 1 clove garlic, smashed (optional)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
For the salad
- 2 large cooked chicken breasts – cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled goats/sheep feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon good mineral salt
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
Bring the water and garlic to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Discard the garlic clove and scrape the quinoa into a large bowl.
Gently stir the chicken, onion, bell pepper, olives, feta cheese, herbs and salt into the quinoa.
Drizzle with the lemon juice, and vinegar, and olive oil. Stir until evenly mixed.
Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.