Ensure liver function is good reduce coffee, no alcohol and add in bitter foods to support bile flow
· Turmeric is wonderful at supporting the liver and reducing inflammation alongside ginger
· Taking a good quality fish oil to aid hormone balance
· Methylation pathways are working supporting with methylBs and diet rich in dark green leafy vegetables
· Good Bile Flow to remove toxins out of the body on waking drink warm water with lemon, juicing celery, radish into salads, fermented foods such as sauerkraut, kimchi, leeks and asparagus make a wonderful soup and support bile flow. Carrots encourage secretion of bile too.
· Organic apples, pectin in the skin is wonderful at aiding detox
· Good gut flora your microbiome is key in hormonal balance, eat fermented foods, miso, tempeh, sauerkraut and kefir
· Eat more broccoli and broccoli sprouts
· Beetroot supports the liver and wonderful in salads, roasted or steamed
· No symptoms of bloating, or irregular bowel movements, running a stool test digs deeper if digestion is an issue or history of antibiotics, taking the PILL, pharmaceuticals and anti inflammatories all have a negative impact on the gut and the gut flora
· Remove all plastic containers, water bottles, stop using cling film, aluminium foil, choose clean care products Green People, Dr Organic to name a few, shower gels without parabens, sulphates, and PEGS.
· Only put on your body what you would eat! If you don’t understand the label don’t use it!
· Aluminium free deodorant
· Clean cookware, stainless, ceramic, glass or Green cookware which is TEFLON free.
· Filter your water and consider a chlorine free shower head or whole house filtration.
· Say no to throw away coffee cups the lining is toxic to your hormones, choose a bamboo or other non toxic material to have your daily coffee or even better herbal tea!
· If a coffee lover think organic water filtered coffee and no more than one a day as a hormone disruptor and may stress your adrenals
· Aim not to handle shop receipts, they are full of Bisphenol A, a hormone disrupter. Check the amount but no need to handle! Its toxic!
· Toxins disrupt the communication system as think of hormones delivering messages thoughout the body
· Hormones run our brain, due to more hormone altering chemicals we are now getting Alzheimer like changes in young brains we need to detox as part of our daily life.
· The Egg and sperm are very high in fat, they are lyophilic, the body hides toxins in fat cells, aim to detox prior to conception to prevent passing on your toxins to your children.
It has never been such a challenge for us to eat clean, drink clean water and to live a life which is toxic free. However you can begin to make small changes to reduce the toxic load for our children, as mothers we are great givers of our toxic metals so the more you can do before conception the less likely you are to pass on these toxic metals.
· Safe removal of amalgam fillings only using a dentist who is experienced in this to keep you safe.
· Begin to add in supplemental chlorella and spirulina to your morning smoothie or in capsule form
· Add in dulse seaweed to your salads or soup stocks to pull out toxins.
· Practice dry skin brushing to boost your lymphatic flow
· Exercise and sweat more!
· Invest in an infrared sauna
· Boost your glutathione levels, glutathione orchestrates detox, it is the most powerful anti oxidant.
· Eat a diet high in fibre and bursting with anti oxidants
· Use a charcoal based binder to pull toxins form the gut, using liposomal zeolite and increasing glutathione all help to boost detox of toxic metals
· Supplementing with vitamin c and Alpha Lipoic Acid