Signs you may have a compromised methylation:
Pre-eclampsia, anxiety, brain fog, irritability, poor tolerance of alcohol. Low WBC count, IVF interventions, one or more child on autism spectrum birth defects, hypo thyroid, menstrual cramping and clots, folate and B12 elevated in blood tests, miscarriages, post partum depression, male infertility, high blood pressure, asthma to name a few.
DITCH the processed grains, corn, enriched cereals choose clean healthy whole grains instead, brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, organic oats and traditional stone ground flour not enriched with folic acid.
· Eat a diet rich in dark green leafy vegetables
· Eat a diet rich on wholegrains
· Avoid all supplements with folic acid
· Switch to ante natal formulas that use methyl folate
· Further support with supplements you may wish to have a consultation with Susie to address your unique needs
· Running a homocysteine blood test is a good way to ensure that your methyl-folate pathways are working correctly.
· Reduce exposure to harmful chemicals
· Ensure you get adequate sleep away from EMF and mobile phones
· Support healthy gut flora
· Eat a diet rich in anti oxidants
· Reduce stress
· Reduce caffeine and alcohol
· Switch to green tea and herbal teas
· Rest and exercise in balance