Butternut, Feta and Rocket Salad
For the salad:
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, seeded and cut into bite size cubes
- 4 decent handfuls wild rocket, or baby spinach leaves or mixed leaves, washed and patted dry with clean towel.
- a handful of fresh rosemary
- 100g goats feta cheese
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 tbs red peppercorns
For the dressing:
- 2 tbs cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- ½ red onion finely chopped
Massage the butternut squash with olive oil and a good crunch of celtic sea salt and black pepper.
Roast the butternut in the oven at 160c fan assisted/180c until golden brown. Leave to cool.
Take a salad bowl and place the pre-washed rocket leaves.
Add the remaining salad ingredients and toss lightly, add the dressing just before serving.
For a more substantial lunch add a cup of quinoa or red rice to the salad, and option to add pre-cooked chick peas too.