Quinoa Pumpkin Salad
- 600 g / 21 oz pumpkin cut into large chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 6 baby zucchini/courgettes, sliced, if only large available use 3
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (cook like rice 1 cup quinoa 2 cups water)
- 1 lemon
- small bunch parsley chopped
- 1 – 2 tablespoons pesto depending on your taste
Preheat oven to 200 C.
Combine pumpkin and red onion with a little olive oil. Season with ground pepper and a little cinnamon.
Roast for 30 – 40 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
Saute the zucchini lightly in a pan over medium heat. Season lightly and set aside.
Remove vegetables from the oven.
Add the quinoa, zucchini, parsley and pesto.
Taste and adjust accordingly.
Serve as is or garnish with garden herbs, Persian feta.
Spoon into serving bowls and enjoy.
Additions: Top with crumbled feta, chickpeas or ricotta, or top with steamed white fish for a protein boost. Add extra vegetables such as baby spinach or sautéed kale. Sprinkle with chopped pistachio nut just before serving.