Red Peppers Filled with Quinoa
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed, may use peas or broad beans too
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 courgette finely chopped
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander, dill or parsley
- 1 cup goats feta to sprinkle on top
- olive oil
- 4 red bell peppers, chopped in half, seeds and core removed, rinse clean
Preheat oven to 350°F/180 C.
Put quinoa and 2 cups water into a medium pot and bring to a boil.
Reduce to medium-low; cover and simmer until liquid is gone and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
Let rest 5 minutes; fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl.
Mix in all chopped vegetables, herbs and beans.
Stuff peppers with mixture, sprinkle with feta cheese, arrange in a baking dish, drizzle olive oil and roast for 20- 30 minutes.
You can always add more chopped vegetables, courgette, or use green peas or broad beans if you cannot find edamame beans.