Chocolate Chip Cookies, GF/DF
The beauty of these cookies is they are made with gluten free oats, not flour and are high in protein and essential fats, so they are good brain food for little people!
- 1 cup of xylitol, or raw cane sugar or coconut sugar
- ¾ cup of coconut oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can chickpeas (puréed)
- 2 cups 70% dark chocolate broken into chips or raw cacao nibs use carob for dairy free
- ¾ cup walnuts or mixed ground seeds (chia, flax and pumpkin)
- ¾ cup raisins (optional)
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup almond meal/coconut flour
- 1 tsp gluten free baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 F /180C
Grease baking tray
Place all ingredients except the broken chocolate into a food processor and blend until smooth.
Then place mixture into a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop the mixture onto baking sheet press gently with a fork to flatten. Bake until golden for 11-13 mins.
Transfer to rack to cool may store up to 1 week in the fridge, they freeze well too.
Adapted from Deceptively Delicious.