Makes 2 cups
The ultimate bed time drink.
Turmeric, the queen of spices is anti-inflammatory, supports liver detox, digestion and is very soothing before bed, aiding better sleep. Adding black pepper increases absorption of turmeric.
- 2 cups of homemade almond milk, or coconut milk
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick, or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom pods
- 1 tsp grated ginger, young ginger
- 1 tsp raw manuka honey, add to taste once you have simmered the milk.
In a saucepan mix all ingredients bring to the boil.
Then simmer, the longer you can simmer the more potent it becomes, but it can be drunk after 5 minutes.
Sieve before drinking.