Kale Salad with Quinoa, Nectarines & Raw Almonds
Kale is a super food rich in anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory, it boasts a wealth of vitamins and minerals too!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 1 bunch kale , washed, patted dry
- sea salt, mineral salt to taste
- 2 nectarines, can use cherry tomatoes if out of season
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce/braggs
- 1 tablespoons raw organic or raw honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- juice half an orange
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup raw almonds/pistachio nuts
Cook quinoa, 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water. Fluff the cooked quinoa and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil to moisten.
Prepare the kale (remove the rib, slice into ribbons, massage with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt, to taste).
Cut nectarines into small slices. If using tomatoes chop in half.
In a cup, whisk the juice with the tamari sauce, coconut nectar, ginger and garlic. Sprinkle over the kale and toss to distribute.
Add the kale to the quinoa and toss.
Add the nectarine slices.
Add a grind of black pepper, to taste. Taste test. Adjust seasoning if you need to.
Just before serving add the almonds and toss gently.
Serve immediately at room temperature (may be chilled ahead of time, add almonds right before serving to keep them crisp).