- 85 g/3oz buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp non gluten baking powder
- pinch mineral salt
- 150 ml/5fl oz almond milk
- 1 tsp mustard powder (optional)
- small handful chopped fresh chives
- 2 free-range egg whites, preferably organic
- knob of unsalted butter/organic coconut butter
Place the dry ingredients together into a bowl.
Then pour in the milk to form a smooth batter.
Whisk the egg whites together until form soft peaks.
Then fold into the batter using a metal spoon.
Add in the chopped chives if using.
Heat frying pan gently with the butter and start adding spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan.
Flip over once bubbles start to form, place the cooked blinis on wire rack.
Once cooled serve with chopped tomatoes/red onion/basil or sour cream and smoked salmon, or hummus.