Cauliflower and Broccoli Patties with Wild Salmon Avocado Smash
Benefits: these patties are gluten free, broccoli is high in anti cancer fighting sulphorane, calcium and vitamin C. Both cauliflower and broccoli support good liver function too.
For the patties:
- a small head of broccoli
- half a small cauliflower
- ¼ Japanese Pumpkin/butternut
- 2 handfuls of grated cheese/parmesan cheese/goats feta
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg – 2 eggs may need 2 as Singapore eggs so small!
- 1 tbs tahini
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup gram flour (chickpea) flour or almond meal or replace with a packet of sprouted organic tofu
- 1 tin drained and rinsed organic chickpeas/16oz pre cooked chick peas
- mineral salt and pepper
- small bunch coriander/parsley
- macadamia nut oil/olive oil
For the salmon avocado smash:
- 2 small tins of wild salmon in oil, sardines for a real COQ10 boost!
- 1 1/2 avocados
- large handful of goats feta
- juice of 1 lemon/lime
- handful of chopped coriander
To serve: baby spinach or rocket leaves to place the patties on.
Pre heat oven 200C/180C fan assisted.
Slice vegetables thinly and steam for 15mins until soft.
Once they are nice and soft throw them into a food processor along with the flour or tofu if using, cumin, spring onion, cheese, tahini and egg and whizz it around until the consistency is smooth.
Then add the chickpeas, herbs and salt and pepper.
Blend until smooth, should be a nice sticky consistency that you can form into patties.
Drizzle with oil either the nut oil/olive oil.
If you it find too sticky to turn into a patty add a little more almond meal. You can always add a spoonful of cooked rice or quinoa too. I also add in chia or flax seeds as they absorb moisture and are great binders.
Bake for 15mins then turn once golden, drizzle a little more oil over them and bake until golden.
To make the smash:
Put all ingredients in a bowl and just mash with a fork until smooth texture.
Layer your leaves, with patty and smash on the top.
Enjoy with more green leafy salad.