White bean hummus
- 1 ½ cups dried white navy beans
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1 tbs ground cumin (optional re flavour)
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- celery salt/mineral salt
- ground pepper
- ½ cup – ¾ cup extra virgin oil
- handful of parsley/coriander or basil
- ½ courgette or 1/2 avocado or handful of spinach
Soak the beans overnight then rinse in a pan add water and bring to boil, then simmer and cook for 1 hour.
Drain the beans.
Place all the ingredients in a food processer except olive oil, as the machine is running add the oil and add more depending on the consistency you wish. Taste and adjust seasoning. You can always add more lemon juice if tastes too garlicky!
The beauty of any dip is to add raw greens, herbs a plenty and taste always improves when using a beautiful cold pressed olive oil.
Serve with crudités or in raw nori wraps/quinoa crackers/brown rice crackers.